HIM: Hotel Institute Montreaux
Since its establishment in 1985, Hotel Institute Montreux (HIM) has forged an excellent global reputation thanks to the quality of its academic programs, combining Swiss hospitality traditions with American business management practices.
The school offers a variety of outstanding academic courses, with qualifications ranging from Diploma to Master’s level. Specializations in finance, marketing and human resources are, respectively, endorsed by Banque Privée Edmond de Rothschild, the Montreux Jazz Festival, and Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts. Furthermore, HIM will be offering a new specialization in luxury business management from October 2015. The program provides the opportunity to explore and understand the luxury service industry, allowing students to develop the skills necessary to enter this dynamic market sector. Bachelor’s students earn a double Swiss and American degree awarded in partnership with Northwood University (USA).
The school is located in the lively city of Montreux, in French-speaking
Switzerland. It is housed in two former hotel buildings, which have been renovated to provide cutting-edge accommodation and training facilities.
HIM offers the following programs:
- Swiss Diploma in Hotel Operations Management (2 years)
- Swiss Higher Diploma in International Hotel Management (2.5 years)
- Swiss and American Bachelor Degree: Business Administration in Hospitality Management (3 years)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Hospitality Business Management (1 year)
- Master of International Business in Hospitality Business Management (2 years)